To celebrate 61st Indian Independence Day - 15th August, 2008 I'll start this blog post with the speech given by our First Prime Minister Late Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru at midnight on August 14, 1947.

'Awake to freedom' "Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially.

At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, then an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to India and her people and to the still larger cause of humanity.

At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her successes and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength. We end today a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again.

The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us. Are we brave enough and wise enough to grasp this opportunity and accept the challenge of the future?
If you are intrested to read full speech you can find it over TheHolidaySpot.com

I have been publishing 15th, August Independence Day posts every year started last year to celebrate Independence Day . However you will find my few blog post on Mailindia Blog, since mostly I find myself busy writing posts over SEO Industry related blog.

Being Indian and Proud to be Indian - I can't let myself down away by not writing about my country and that too on very special occassion of "15th August - Independence Day", I decided to write this blog post by today itself (Ooops - it's 2 am almost) - At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India(myself) will awake to life and freedom :-)

I think I don't need to share what importance 15th August brings to every Indian's life and we are able to live our life with freedom just beacuse of all the struggle and pain taken by our forfathere's, Freedom fighters to make their coming generation live freely.

But looking at todays political scenario where Indian's are looking divided on issues based on caste, religion, region and don't know what more......

I am not into politics nor I beleive on discriminating individuals based on caste or religion and above all I am Indian first and wish every person of this country try to understand this huge responsibility of Freedom.....

There are lot more things happening all these days which disturbs every Indian (I guess?) but it's better not to rage my anger on Independence Day and even I don't think it's a platform to raise voice agaist such issues.

I will close this post with our National Anthem:-

Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jaya he
Bharata Bhagya Vidhata
Punjab Sindhu Gujarata Maratha
Dravida Utkala Banga

Vindhya Himachala Yamuna Ganga
Ucchala Jaladhi taranga
Tava Subha Naame Jaage
Tava Subha Asisha Maange
Gahe Tava Jaya Gatha

Jana Gana Mangal Dayaka Jaya he
Bharata Bhagya Vidhata
Jaya he Jaya he Jaya he
Jaya Jaya Jaya Jaya he

Have a happy Independence day, Jai Hind !! - "Mera Bharat Mahan"

Regards,

Afzal Khan

Blog: http://www.toprankseoblog.com/

Do Enjoy below video - Courtesy Youtube Video

1 comments
  1. ahmadx 1:47 AM  

    Hello,
    How are you? I just wanna give you information about the best community here